Hometown: Manchester, UK
FFO: Dirty, Southern, Grungy Blues Rock
Gorilla Riot are a 5-piece dirty rock n’ roll blues machine from Manchester, England. They deliver a 3-prong guitar attack with multi-part vocal harmonies to play raucous blues-based rock, combining elements of grunge, stoner and country to create a full-on high energy rock show.
Created by mainman, Arjun Bhishma, he surrounded himself with the best talent in Manchester to form Gorilla Riot.
Arjun, Liam Henry (guitars & vocals), Charly T. (guitars & vocals), James Degnen (bass) began songwriting and soon entered the studio to record their debut self-titled album. This set them on their path to deliver their blues-drenched dirty sound that evolved into the acclaimed EP, Six Shots Down in 2017.
Equally at home acoustically or electrically they released their next studio work in May 2018. American Honey Vol 1 saw the guys extend their sound and song-writing prowess with 3 new songs plus an exquisite re-working of their hit song, Last Hymn.
They have toured the UK with Dan Patlansky and Aussie brawlers, Massive as well as a maiden headline tour of Spain. This October they head out across the country in a Planet Rock & The Gig Cartel sponsored ROADSTARS double-header tour with Hannah Wicklund & The Stepping Stones.
- Bad Son / Down The Road / Half Cut / Young Guns / Black Heart Woman – all Tracks Of The Week by Classic Rock Magazine
- Gorilla Riot played Ramblin Man 2018
- Featured in Classic Rock Magazine – High Hopes
- Toured the UK as special guests to Dan Patlansky
- Signed to Off Yer Rocka Records Mar 2019
- Headline tour of Spain Apr 2019
- Played Download Festival VIP/RIP 2019
- Planet Rock – featured as ‘Ones To Watch’
- Toured UK as part of the Planet Rock’s ROADSTARS dates.
- Release new album – PEACH – Fri 31 Jan 2020
- Bad Son included on ‘Earache presents New Wave of Rock N Roll’ vinyl compilation – 13 Mar 2020
What the say about Gorilla Riot
- Sharp, swaggering cocksure rock! – Classic Rock Magazine
- They look as cool as fuck! – Classic Rock Magazine
- One of the best new rock bands in the country right now! – Dave Everley for Ramblin Man Fair
- Gorilla Riot, have dialled back the distortion in favour of an atmospheric, pensive blend of rootsy acoustic layers, electric flourishes and Chris Cornell-nodding vocals. Lush guitar solo too.– Classic Rock Magazine
- Dirtier than a bunch of Download Festival metalheads (pre-shower), it’s slow, swaggering bluesy rock’n’roll with lashings of southern rock warmth to cut through the grease. Nice. – Classic Rock Magazine
Gorilla Riot mini-LP (2014)
Eve Tapes Live EP (2014)
Six Shots Down EP (2016)
American Honey Vol 1 EP (May 2018)
PEACH album (31 Jan 2020)
Gorilla Riot are:
Arjun Bhishma (vocals/guitar)
Liam Henry (guitar/vocals)
Charly T. (guitar/vocals)
James Degnen (bass)
Will Lewis (drums)